A business visa allows foreign citizens to travel for business to Italy as their main destination, and in other countries of the Schengen area.
Any citizen of Kosovo who applies for an entry visa to Italy for business must apply for a visa in person at the Visa Desk of the Italian Embassy in Pristina on the scheduled day and time in order to submit to the staff “the visa application form”, fulfilled in capital letters, with two photographs in accordance with ICAO standards.
The following documents should be attached to the visa application with their photocopies:
1. Passport expiring at least 3 months after the requested visa;
2. Documents proving the registration of the local Kosovo company as an economic-commercial operator (original and photocopy): commercial certificate, commercial information, VAT certificate, custom service certificate, tax number certificate, certificate of the Tax Administration of Kosovo (original) stating that the company is not a debtor;
3. Documentation for travel and stay in Italy: business invitation letter stamped and signed by the legal representative of the company with a photocopy of the identity card of the inviting person and a confirmation letter from the employer, justifying the need for the business trip. The invitation should be sent to the email address email@example.com with the certificate of incorporation, dated no earlier than six months.
For further information, please check the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (N.B.: although the invitation is sent by email by the Italian company, it is necessary to have a printed paper copy of it during the visa application procedure);
4. Documentation concerning the economic-commercial relationship with the Italian company: invoices, DUD (customs single document) of the last four transactions (original and photocopy);
5. Documentation concerning the staying in Italy: hotel reservation, if not indicated in the invitation;
6. Documentation concerning the social and professional situation in Kosovo.
For contract workers only: employment contract; certificate from the employer stating: the date of commencement of employment, job title and monthly salary (if the original document is not available in English or Italian, shall be translated into Italian by a sworn translator recognized by the Embassy), as well as a certificate issued by the Tax Administration certifying the payment of pension contributions and wage taxes.
7. Documentation regarding one’s economic and financial position in Kosovo:
– Bank statement in original (not photocopied or scanned) of personal, family’s and business’ accounts, stamped and signed by the bank, with the activities of the last six months;
– Photocopies of credit cards (N.B. only the front of credit cards need to be photocopied)
8. Documents proving previous stays in the Schengen area: photocopies of other Schengen visas;
9. Documentation for the means of transport: return flight ticket; if traveling by vehicle, photocopy of the vehicle documents;
10. International health insurance valid for the Schengen area that covers any medical and emergency costs, hospitalization, repatriation due to illness or death, with a minimum coverage of Euro 30,000.
In the event of an emergency, no additional costs will be charged.