This visa allows the re-entry into Italy of a person legally resident in Italy, who is currently in Kosovo and who:
– has lost his/her residence permit/card;
– is awaiting the issue/renewal of the residence permit/card (see details below).
Any citizen of Kosovo who applies for a re-entry visa to Italy must apply for a visa in person at the Visa Desk of the Italian Embassy in Pristina on the scheduled day and time, in order to submit to the staff “the visa application form”, fulfilled in capital letters, with two photographs in accordance with ICAO standards.
The following documents should be attached to the visa application with their photocopies:
1. Passport or travel document valid for at least 180 days;
2. Photocopy of the Italian residence permit or visa, on the basis of which the application was made;
3. Photocopy of the receipt for the application for the issue/renewal of the residence permit applied for at the police headquarters (“Questura”);
4. In the case of a stolen or lost residence permit, a copy of the report made to the police authorities, translated into Italian by a translator recognized by this Embassy.
General re-entry conditions: re-entry into Italian territory does not involve any transit journey through the Schengen area; re-entry, may also be carried out at national border crossing points other than the exit point.