A mission visa allows the entry to Italy of a person working for the local public administration, public institutions or other international organization and travelling for reasons related to their political, governmental or public function.
Any citizen of Kosovo who applies for a visa to enter Italy on a mission should apply for a visa in person at the Visa Desk of the Italian Embassy in Pristina on the scheduled day and time, in order to submit to the staff “the visa application form”, fulfilled in capital letters, with two photographs in accordance to ICAO standards.
The following documents should be attached to the visa application with their photocopies:
1. Passport expiring at least 3 months after the requested visa;
2. Official request from Italian governmental organizations or international organizations with headquarters in Italy specifying as follows:
a. Purpose of the invitee’s visit;
b. Date of commencement and the duration of the visit;
c. Coverage of means of subsistence;
d. Address of stay in Italy.
3. Documentation regarding the official purpose for the trip: a Note Verbale, issued by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Kosovo (if the invitee is an official of the Presidency, of the Assembly or of the Government of the Republic of Kosovo) or a certificate, issued by the Executive Director (if the invitee is an official of other governmental institutions or international organizations);
4. Documentation for the means of transport: return flight ticket or return flight reservation, if traveling by vehicle photocopy of vehicle documents.
5. International health insurance valid for the Schengen area covering any medical and emergency expenses, hospitalization, repatriation due to illness or death, with coverage of not less than Euro 30,000.