The visa by official invitation allows the entry into Italy of the person who has been invited by well-known Italian governmental, public or private organizations or institutions to participate in meetings, ceremonies, gatherings or events of a political, scientific or cultural nature, where all the costs of the stay are borne by the inviting person.
Any citizen of Kosovo who applies for a visa to enter Italy with an official invitation should apply for a visa in person at the Visa Desk of the Italian Embassy in Pristina on the scheduled day and time, in order to submit to the staff “the visa application form”, fulfilled in capital letters, with two photographs in accordance with ICAO standards.
The following documents should be attached to the visa application with their photocopies:
1. Passport expiring at least 3 months after the requested visa;
2. Official invitation from the Italian institution specifying as follows:
a. The purpose of the invitee’s visit;
b. Start date and duration of the visit;
c. Coverage of the means of subsistence;
d. The address of stay in Italy;
e. Copy of the identity card of the person signing the invitation.
3. Documentation regarding the professional situation: a copy of the employment contract and a reference letter signed by the Director of the Public Institution stating the official purpose of the visit. If the original document is not available in English or Italian,shall be translated into Italian by a sworn translator recognized by the Embassy.
4. Documentation concerning means of transport: return flight ticket or return flight reservation, if traveling by vehicle photocopy of vehicle documents.
5. International health insurance valid for the Schengen area that covers any health and emergency costs, hospitalization, repatriation due to illness or death, with a minimum coverage of Euro 30,000.